Lucia N 03 Light meditation is another way to experience meditation. It’s different than traditional meditation in that it uses light to assist in finding a deep state of rest at the nervous system level.
RE:MIND meditation uses a specific light device called the Lucia n 03 that emits particular frequencies of light. These particular frequencies help entrain your brain waves and promote homeostasis. Something we could all use a little more of these days because right now, there is a lot going on.
Anxiety is high so it’s crucial to find a way to complete the stress response cycle. That might mean different things to different people. Some people meditate, some journal, and for others, it means going for a run or hitting the gym. It could mean dancing it out to your favourite tune or taking an evening stroll. The key is to do something to let go. Take action to release the stress. Do what you have to do to push the stress chemistry through your body
Meditation isn’t about trying to empty your mind of thoughts.
If you’re not quite ready to dive into Light meditation, another way to help lower our baseline stress levels is with a basic breathing meditation. One study found that people who meditated daily were much better able to cope with stress and increased happiness by 15% (on average).
There are many different techniques and ways to meditate. There isn’t one right way. The goal is to find what works for you and stick with it. But, at the same time, allow for change. Allow for frustration and setbacks to happen. Cause they will. The key is to pick right back up from where you left off.
The point is, don’t get discouraged if you can’t sit for long or find yourself missing a day here or there, don’t worry, it’s normal. Heck, I struggle with it all the time.
One way to increase our awareness is through meditation. By practicing mindfulness, we learn to observe our thoughts and feelings without judging them. By observing how we react to certain situations, people, or things, we can learn a great deal about ourselves. We don’t have to change or fix anything; rather, meditation is a method of becoming more aware. Once we are more aware, we can choose differently. Rather than reacting automatically to events, we can choose how to respond.
So, if you’re curious about meditation and not quite ready to try the Lucia N 03 light, here’s a simple way to get started.
An intro to meditation
1. Choose a time and place where you can sit comfortably and won’t be disturbed.
2. Find a comfortable position – you can sit in a chair, on the floor, or even lay down.
3. Close your eyes and focus on your breath – feel the air going in and out of your nose.
4. When thoughts come up, acknowledge them and then let them go.
5. Stay present and focus on your breath.
6. Count one on the inhale, two on the exhale, three on the inhale, four on the exhale, all the way to 10, and then start back at one. If you notice yourself thinking of something, just start back at 1. The idea is to notice when you’ve become distracted and then refocus simply and without judgment. Start with 5 minutes.
7. Be patient and gentle with yourself.
Or, try a demo of the Lucia N 03
And, if you’re feeling like deepening your practice or just trying something new, you can always try a demo of the Lucia n 03 by booking here.